Monday 9 November 2015

Fast Weight Loss...



As a Personal Trainer the question I was asked the most previously was "what is the fastest way to lose weight".

At the fitness facility I work at we have a course called; "The Lose and Shape up course."

It's a 12 week course, when someone inquires about the course, the starting question would be; "how much weight should I expect to lose in 12 weeks?".

If I'm forced to answer, my answer would be "if you follow all the advice and steps about 12-24lbs".

People usually look a bit disheartened at this as they know so many xyz diets that promise a lot faster results.

Right from the beginning I have always run my buisiness and despatched advice with integrity.

So I say this, as a trainer with over 18 years experience; rapid weight loss is not good for health and it only brings about short term results, it lowers our metabolism, as rapid weight loss involves losing a bit of fat and muscle and water.

Looking "gaunt" is usually the result of rapid weight loss.

There are too many companies and individuals out there promising rapid weight loss, when we lose weight quickly we tend to gain it back quickly, great for return business.

Everyone is free to make their own choices, but if it's not under medical supervision, just be careful when you are met with a weight loss promise that sounds to good to be true.

My programmes and lifestyle advice are designed to an individual's goal, as a trainer you want them to not only achieve their goal, but for them to get to a point where they don't have to think about it, it's all good habits and lifestyle, they are in control of their weight and can manage it themselves.

That's the time they don't need me.
If they stay it's because they like me and they enjoy my exercise routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment