Monday 4 April 2016

Long Term Weight Loss, Avoid the Yo Yo effect!

Since I have been monitoring my own health and fitness results, I have noticed that things fluctuate a little bit.

I am very consistent with my lifestyle habits, but life does tend to effect results a little bit, despite the fact my nutrition is pretty good.

It is still common, however for many people I speak to, to have big fluctuations.

In cases weight can be lost, sometimes radically, or good fitness gains in a relatively short period of time.

In every case with rapid weight loss I know this is gained back quickly also.

As mentioned before, I see such a difference with attitudes to food and lifestyle.

Unfortunately, I have never seen anything drastic work long term, weight that is lost quickly is quickly gained.

A fitness routine that is unrealistic and doesn't fit into someone's busy week is quickly left by the way side.

We all plan and wish to be in shape for upcoming holidays, then we suddenly realise it's only a few weeks a way, and so to minimise feeling self conscious we try and eat as little as possible before we go, and then less inclined to eat healthy when we get there!

It's called the yo-yo effect.

No long term results come from doing anything drastic in the short term.

Healthy, lean people seem to eat all the time, yet stay lean.

Wether their metabolism is on their side or not, by following the moderate and often and "everything in moderation" lifestyle, whatever the state of their metabolisms they have ramped them up through their habits.

The temptations are always going to be there, it won't get any easier to avoid the full of fat and sugar good tasting food, so having a modern and realistic solution is the key.

If we know we can't do without a particular food or drink, then it's finding a way to configure it in.

When it comes to weight loss or any lifestyle goal, slow and steady is always the best way for long term results.

Remember if you slip up, don't berate yourself, you can't go back, but you can learn what the trigger was that led to the slip up and course correct.

If you would like to obtain my free weight loss report, giving an overview of the weight loss system I have used to help thousands of people over the years, head to: www.edshealthyweightlossfreereport.co.uk

If you have a weight loss question, leave it in the comments section and I will answer it in a future post.

Thanks,
Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment