Monday 29 August 2016

Weight Loss: Why Servings and Portions are Important.

The most the popular subject for questions this week has been portion and serving size...

Firstly to differentiate, a serving is the recommended amount of a food per meal, a portion is the amount we actually dish out...

I'm not sure about you, but for me there has sometimes been a few times where, let's say my portion may have been slightly bigger than the recommended serving size :)...

Sometimes I think when it's written on a product it's been put on there to make us feel bad...

I remember one Sunday, just digging in with my spoon into the ice cream tub (fatal)...

Because it was starting to melt, I kept going, it gets passed the point where it's worth leaving any...

Then I read on the side of the empty tub "contains ten servings" I did feel bad that 9 people were potentially going to miss out on their share of ice cream...

But portion size is an important one...

Obviously the rest of the time I'm far more careful...

However there is certainly more to life than measuring and weighing every thing you eat...

I love being healthy, but I also like my food too, so I know there has to be a compromise relative to what realistically can be achieved...

Key to weight loss being the recommended amount per meal of Carbohydrate is about 30 grams, but what does that look like?

For most breads two slices is more than 30grams, for this reason I only have 1 with breakfast for example...

When it comes to pasta, rice and potato rather than measure, or look on the packet and do some sums, I try to, and my advice would be to have the smallest possible portion size and load up on the veggies, because at the other end of the spectrum 30grams of leafy veg is a big heap...

Fruits differ, a large Banana is approaching 30 grams, an apple is half that, most the berries tend to be quite low...

I'm quite a fan of Peanut Butter, it's pretty healthy, but a small amount is moderate in carbs but high in good fat, but even 2 table spoons contains over 100 calories...

In my 12 week programmes servings and portions is the subject with tasks set for Week 5 and for the membership site I will construct a video... 
Keeping the web designers busy...

To receive similar content and more to your inbox, go to www.costacoffeeonaweightlossplan.co.uk and get a free report with info you can start applying today!

If you have any questions that need answering use the comments section, I can answer it in a future blog.

Thanks,
Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment