Monday 19 September 2016

Igniting your metabolism - don't fear hunger!

Lots of people view hunger as bad...

The thinking is; if I give into hunger it will negatively effect results...

Hunger must be suppressed...

Waking up and not feeling hungry must be a good thing?...

Mostly the answer is the opposite...

When I ran 12 week weight loss courses, the "homework" for week 1 was to start having breakfast if they weren't already...

There was always the reply of "but I'm just not hungry in the morning"...

My translation was "my metabolism is so slow that when I wake up after x many hours of not eating I'm still not hungry!"

How to fix the above problem? Start having something for breakfast it will kick start the metabolism...

Hunger is the bodies' way of telling you "I need nutrients"...

See that's the key, nutrients...

So to get results health or weight loss, you should eat when hungry but Nutritious food and moderate portions,  the food will not only be processed by the body but your body may have to top up fuel if there isn't quite enough and then turn a bit of body fat into energy...

Imagine if that happened constantly?

PS if you have any questions or suggestions for future blogs send them to edride27@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment