Monday 12 September 2016

Weight Loss, no need to fear failing...


Or in the context of this blog post, the fear of failure of not improving your health, not fitting comfortably into clothes you want to wear...

Sometimes if we knowingly self sabotage, we can feel in control of the situation at least (I know, bit deep :))

I have known a lot of times where people I am helping have told me when they make progress, other people want to slow them down for their own reasons...

A lot of the time when we are younger we are taught not to aim too high for our own protection, which has an effect on our other objectives... (Deeper still :))

But the good thing with a health goal or fitting into clothes goal is that you do get a second chance...

I was doing quite well this weekend, not too many treats, then as I was looking in the food cupboard of my little ones and eyeing stuff I heard the magic words "some of that needs eating up"...

For once my other half found me all too eager to help out... :)

But next week end I get another chance to reign it in slightly...

We can strive to do better in our lifestyle habits, like I said before it's nothing fancy, just sound nutrition habits and trying to move and be as active as life allows...

I have seen it work time and again, I have a system that can be implemented and tweaked for the individual, but you have to find your own lifestyle habits balance, that you can maintain for the foreseeable future... 

So don't fear failing, just go again if you slip up, it should be steady progress, it won't last otherwise, I would never advise it if I knew it was a "quick fix"...

But leave it too long, as I know metabolism slows with age, the number of calories we burn slows, it gets easier to consume more calories than we need, but it's reversible, you already know how, don't fear not getting there, there will be slip ups, just resolve to keep doing what works and make progress, it will get easier the more progress you make...

But you have to keep taking action to make progress...

PS head over to my Personal Training facebook page as in my latest post I'm giving away my Weight Loss system Ebook.


Thanks,
Ed.



No comments:

Post a Comment