Monday 10 October 2016

How many times a week should I exercise for weight loss?

When enough people ask me the same question, I always think I should send the answer to all of you as well, as maybe you have the same question?...

It's an exercise question; "How many times should I exercise each week"

In general try and be as active as your lifestyle allows, but for structured exercise sessions...

It's pretty much the same answer; as many as your lifestyle will allow...

In my 12 week programmes (website being constructed as we speak) the number I state is 2-5 times per week.

These include both strength training ( body weight exercises for example) as well as aerobic/cardio...

Less than 2 a week and by the time the body undergoes the slight benefits, it will all start to tail off by the time the next one comes around...

But if its an incredibly busy week, one is better than zero...

More than 5 can be counter productive and who has the time, energy and will to do more than 5!

Seriously unless you are training for a competition or for increased performance 2-5 is enough.

Only got time for 2?...

Then make them count doesn't need to be too intensive, just enough that the metabolism is elevated, I'm sure you still want enough energy left to get through the rest of the day...



No comments:

Post a Comment