Monday 24 October 2016

How to have a little guilt free indulgence this Christmas!

One thing that bothers me is when I'm forced to get into the Christmas spirit too early...

If they start playing Christmas songs on the radio at the end of November on the radio, I turn it off...

But when it's time I embrace it and my nutrition plan resembles that of a starved teenager rather than a disciplined Personal Trainer...

The rest of the year (unless I'm near a  buffet on holiday) I'm pretty good, so I feel I'm allowed a little blow out at Xmas...

How could you have a guilt free Xmas  blow out? 

If you are not being healthy start now, you only have 10 weeks!

10 weeks to fit in to the party attire, until all the social festivities start...

Wouldn't it be good if a relative or friend you hadn't seen for a while said "wow, you've lost weight!"...

But where to start?

Any of these will yield some results;

All that stuff you really know you shouldn't be having most days, try and have only at the weekends in modest amounts...

Try and reserve alcohol and lady petrol (wine) for the weekend...

In fact cutting down on alcohol will make a difference on its own...

Have breakfast; in a survey of people who have lost weight, more than 80% had breakfast, missing meals regularly slows metabolism...

Reduce your intake of high energy foods like bread, pasta, rice, potato, cereal, juice and the like and have more protein rich foods and low energy vegetables...

Spread your food intake across the day, the body can only use some of the energy in a big meal, even a healthy one.

Do any of these consistently and you would have earned a little Xmas blow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment