Monday 13 March 2017

Are you doing regular exercise, but not losing weight?

OK this might not be good as a Personal Trainer to reveal this information...

But the idea is always to help you get results...

I have stated this before many a time...

In the states they did a study with groups of equal people...

The first group were non exercisers who were told to maintain their current eating habits for 12 weeks...

The second group began a consistent exercise programme for the 12 weeks, but were also told to make no changes in their eating habits for the duration...

On average group 1 just about maintained their body weight...

Group 2 on average lost 1.5 Lbs (0.7 Kgs) of body weight...

Relying just on the second and third most effective methods of losing (strength training and interval cardio) yielded a return of 1.5 lbs loss of body weight...

So that must make the first method pretty important then?

I'm aware it's not a fun subject, when I'm discussing how to lose weight with someone (usually they initiate it, be rude just to accost someone say in a lift, where they can't easily escape)...

But depending on how well they know me, would mean the difference of just looking at me with heavy eyes or if a weight loss chat with a friend or family member, them mid way letting out one of those undisguised full on yawns, a bit like the ones Lions give out whilst lying under a tree for 16 hours on a hot day...

But this is further proof if you should need it, that weight loss without making changes to eating habits is not that effective...

Even if you exercise regularly...

There are numerous benefits to exercising regularly, but if the objective is weight loss, then eating habits are key...

So I see it as being my duty for those that have requested my help to make sure the message gets across, to coach, support and hold accountable, because the end result will be worth it...

You can do this.

Ed ( "I don't think it could get any worse than being in a lift with you despatching your advice". Of course it could, the lift could get stuck, the lift could get stuck and I exclaim I have my "lifestyle consultation" form with me, I could keep going... ) Stride.


No comments:

Post a Comment