Monday 17 April 2017

Is Weight Loss really about calorie counting?

It's seems there many many people out there; fellow Personal Trainers, nutritionalists all conveying a very similar message to me...

Recommending lifestyle weight loss systems and different recipes...

Only they are a lot more famous of course...

All with the same message we have all known, my self for about two decades now...

I read an article obviously written by the uninformed, but it would be a useful comparison and experiment to make...

They were taking some of the recommended recipes adding up the total calories and then stating a particular food on a well known fast food companies that was less...

For me though a great experiment and proof that we have moved far away from the fact that a calorie is a calorie...

I know of no before and after pictures out there that came from the "burger and chips nutrition plan"...

To be fair, knowing the numbers I could probably order smart from a takeaway menu each day and be a healthy weight...

But I would be having very small portions and very quickly be lacking in nutrients...

Don't get me wrong even with healthy, clean food you still have to be aware of portion sizes...

But the aim and the message is to create a lifestyle, to be a "foody" and be in good shape also...

And have great health and vitality, just simple feel good...

That comes from nourishing the body, creating the right balance, not just balancing calories.

Ed ( "I have just realised half an Easter egg is less calories than one of Ed's recipes, I know which one I'm having from now on)...

No comments:

Post a Comment